etiquette (was RE: Proposal for a new variant subtag of the french language (fr)

CE Whitehead cewcathar at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 11 17:25:14 CET 2007

Thanks for the link; I think everyone on the list has the obligation to set up his/her email with his/her name in the way he/she wants it to be used on lists.

That allows for cultural differences regarding surnames.

(Yes I think a number of cultures do not use surnames; and in some cultures surnames vary from generation to generation; in some cultures there are two options for the surname--the father's name and the family name--maybe one is a middle name?  And then some cultures call people--usually men but not always only men--by their surnames.  It signifies arrival into the world of academics and even industry maybe--or something like that I think.)

--C. E. Whitehead
cewcathar at hotmail.com