Proposal for a new variant subtag of the french language (fr)

CE Whitehead cewcathar at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 11 01:30:13 CET 2007

Hi all:I think if there are people using this spelling, and there are pages online using it, then this registration request does meet requirements;

both artificial or invented languages and natural languages are languages;

I see nothing saying that we register natural languages only.

If some members object, I hope their objections will be reasonable so that this process does not get to be arbitrary.

Thanks.

--C. E. Whitehead
cewcathar at hotmail.com> From: dewell at roadrunner.com> > >> The ietf-languages group may not wish to be known as the place where > >> people go to get their own inventions registered, similar to Omniglot > >> or LangMaker for constructed scripts.> >> > Doesn't matter. The question is simply whether the registration > > request meets the requirements established by RFC 4646.> > Section 3.5 provides for the possibility of registration requests being > rejected "because of significant objections raised on the list." I'm > raising, if not significant objections, at least some legitimate > questions that I feel merit answers, lest they turn into significant > objections. I don't see any process failure here.>

Hmmf, let's not be arbitrary at least.> > CE Whitehead <cewcathar at hotmail dot com> wrote:> > > As for Doug's objection, I have to say that I concur with Randy--> > if it is used online, we register it.> > I have three pages on my Web site describing my invented script and four > pages of sample text in that script, encoded using the Unicode PUA and > displayable using a well-known, freely available font. Should I propose > a variant subtag for my script? (Answer: No.)>
(I never voted 'no')> > Michael Everson <everson at evertype dot com> wrote:> > > Why are you all just full of hate?> > Huh?> > Two years ago I suggested registering a language subtag for Unilingua, a > language constructed in 1965 and the subject of a Featured Book™ on > Wikibooks. The suggestion was shot down like a slow duck with a red > bull's-eye painted on its side. Should I propose it again? (Answer: > No.)> > What is so different about M. Périard's orthography? Is it that he got > the City of Montréal to include a few pages on their site? Is it that > he has a major university research group behind his effort? I don't > know what the guidelines are.> > --> Doug Ewell * Fullerton, California, USA * RFC 4645 * UTN #14> http://home.roadrunner.com/~dewell> http://www1.ietf.org/html.charters/ltru-charter.html> http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-languages ˆ>