Scottish English

Karen_Broome at spe.sony.com Karen_Broome at spe.sony.com
Tue Aug 21 19:43:44 CEST 2007

I share Addison's concerns with using the 3166-2 codes. Many of these will
be redundant with the ISO 639-3 codes, though this one is not.

Karen

Addison Phillips <addison at yahoo-inc.com>
Sent by: ietf-languages-bounces at alvestrand.no
08/21/2007 10:34 AM

Michael Everson <everson at evertype.com>
cc
IETF Languages Discussion <ietf-languages at iana.org>
Subject
Re: Scottish English

Michael Everson wrote:

> In ISO 3166-2 SCT means Scotland. This is superior to M.49, at least.

However, it is not permitted for registration. The shortest variant is 4
characters (if it starts with a digit) or 5 (if with a letter). We can't
register ISO 3166-2 codes anyway: they would conflict with extlang.

Addison

--
Addison Phillips
Globalization Architect -- Yahoo! Inc.