be-tarask

CE Whitehead cewcathar at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 30 18:31:10 CEST 2007

Doug Ewell  dewell at adelphia.net :
>Comments: The subtag represents Branislau Taraskievic's Belarusian
>orthography as published in "Bielaruski klasycny pravapis" by Juras
>Buslakou, Vincuk Viacorka, Zmicier Sanko, and Zmicier Sauka (Vilnia-Miensk
>2005).

seems o.k. to me!

(in spite of the criticism [see below],
as I understand it the book is listed
because everyone still knows the language by the name Tarask  . . .
and also by the name "classic" orthography or "classical" orthography;

but it's no problem [as I understand things]
to change the comments field
to say, instead of,
". . . orthography as published in . . . "

"orthography, originally catalogued in . . . "

If of course Jaska wants to make the change???)

--C. E. Whitehead
cewcathar at hotmail.com
* * *

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se