[Ltru] Re: Archival of registration forms

Addison Phillips addison at yahoo-inc.com
Wed Apr 25 13:43:43 CEST 2007

No, the language subtag reviewer is empowered to decide whether to
proceed with a given registration (or to reject the application).
However, the record to be sent to IANA *must* appear on list at some
point prior to submission so that comments (major or minor) can be made.
Michael is empowered to ignore spurious or minor comments. There is no
requirement to resubmit the record if it is unchanged.

However, if he picks up a minor comment and modifies the record, he
really needs to provide an opportunity for the list the see the full,
comprehensive record. This avoids Stephane's original complaint---that
you have to read many emails of a period of time to figure out what the
record actually will be.

Addison

--
Addison Phillips