be-tarask

Yury Tarasievich yury.tarasievich at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 07:41:28 CEST 2007

On 25/04/07, Doug Ewell <dewell at adelphia.net> wrote:
> Michael Everson <everson at evertype dot com> wrote:
>
> > So... what is the current draft for this?
>
> There is none, as far as I can tell.  The proposal is hanging on Jaska's
> struggle to include the word "classic" in the Comments field versus
> Yury's struggle to exclude it, which strikes me as a "classic" case of
> majoring in the minors.

I don't know what does the "majoring in the minors" mean, but I know
that the whole point of all this arguing, actually, is to make the
IANA sort of implicitly "legitimise" the description "classic" of this
particular language version, by including it, out of the context, in
the "visible fields".

I guess this is the whole reason why including, *additionally*, the
English translation of the title of the book in the *later-visible*
fields (which would have the cherished word) is called "unfair".

The term "classic" is, if used out of context and outside the users'
group, ambiguous, preposterous and offensive by implication.

---