Archival of registration forms

Frank Ellermann nobody at xyzzy.claranet.de
Tue Apr 24 10:04:50 CEST 2007

Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

> But "archiving" perhaps does not imply "making publically
> available". Do you think it should be more precise in 4646bis?
> If so, I can suggest a wording.

IMO they can just put the variant registrations plus anything
that's above the level of "ISO did this or that" into their
existing lang-tags directory.

At some point in time there will be collisions, e.g. updates
of a registered variant, and then they can add the update to
the existing file.

As long as this procedure works as expected we don't need a
cat(1) summary in BCP 47.  Clearly something has to be fixed
on their side, but it's no bug in RFC 4646.

Frank