[Ltru] Re: Archival of registration forms

Addison Phillips addison at yahoo-inc.com
Mon Apr 23 17:02:19 CEST 2007

RFC 4646 was written to mirror RFC 3066 (and before), with separate
storage of the forms. The forms could be aggregated into a single file,
etc. I don't know why IANA isn't archiving the forms currently.

I too find it questionable when the final registered format is not sent
to the list prior to forwarding (or at least as part of forwarding) to
IANA. In fact, I suspect that, given the stability guarantees and rules
in RFC 4646, such registrations can be appealed if they differ from the
requested record.

Addison

Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 04:16:15PM +0200,
>  Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer at nic.fr> wrote
>  a message of 27 lines which said:
>
>> At the specified address, you can find the language subtag registry
>> but not the actual registration forms.
>
> This is specially annoying since, apparently, the "official"
> registration form, the one which was sent to the IANA, does not seem
> to be always publically available. For instance, the form for the
> variant "baku1926" did not appear in ietf-languages (to find out what
> it looked like, you have to read several messages and to integrate the
> various patches proposed and accepted).

Addison Phillips
Globalization Architect -- Yahoo! Inc.

It is not a feature.