[Ltru] RE: "mis" update review request

Peter Constable petercon at microsoft.com
Sat Apr 14 18:18:41 CEST 2007

From: Kent Karlsson [mailto:kent.karlsson14 at comhem.se]

> I would rather see "mis" as saying "linguistic content"
> (but not specified which language), opposite to "no
> linguistic content", but quite close to "und" (which
> seems to cover both "no linguistic content" and "linguistic
> content" and maybe also 'mul', II understand the debate
> so far).

"" means 'I'm giving no information.'

und means 'I have not determined what the language attribute is of this information object.'

mul means 'I have detected that this information object contains at least one portion X in some language Lx and a different portion Y in some different language Ly.'

mis means 'I have determined that this information object is in a language other than the set of languages covered by the available identifiers.'

zxx means 'I have determined that this information object is not expressed in terms of a human language.'

None of these mean the same thing as any other or IMO is close in meaning to any other.

Peter