[Ltru] Re: "mis" update review request

Randy Presuhn randy_presuhn at mindspring.com
Fri Apr 13 21:21:47 CEST 2007

Hi -

The thing that bothers me about the comment "A collection of languages which
don't belong to any other collection" is that it isn't compatible with the
possibility that one or more of those languages might eventually be included
in another (possibly new) collection.  If that langauage were left in the mis
collection as well, the comment would be incorrect.  If the language were
removed from the mis collection, stability goes out the window.  Either way,
changing the comment wouldn't help the situation.

However, unlike some other collections, I find it very difficult to imagine
a case where "mis" would be useful in tagging data.  Without a clear use case
for "mis" in constructing a language tag, perhaps we could conclude that this
whole debate is really academic, and that no action is needed.

Randy