Tags in the language tagged (RE: be-tarask voting results)

Don Osborn dzo at bisharat.net
Fri Apr 6 16:48:00 CEST 2007

This is after the fact (apologies - I confess to not having followed this
thread), but for future tags could there be a general guideline that tags
be, to the extent possible and appropriate, in the language concerned?
Defaulting to English, quite apart from the concerns raised about generic
tags, seems to run counter to the whole intent of providing tags for diverse
languages in the first place. We had some discussion about this issue
regarding Armenian and old French, and I somehow thought that there was an
emerging consensus on this point, so I was surprised that the voting results
went strongly in favor of "classic."

Don