policy wrt politics (was RE: be-tarask language subtag registration form)

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Wed Apr 4 10:14:29 CEST 2007

On Mon, Apr 02, 2007 at 11:14:00PM -0700,
 Peter Constable <petercon at microsoft.com> wrote
 a message of 18 lines which said:

> Evidently you and Mark Crispin are in disagreement over this.

Yes. I use his algorithm with my own children ("Do not bother me,
agree together first") but only when I'm too tired to actually do
something, and I'm ashamed of it after.

More seriously, the reason I disagree with his proposal is that the
struggle is often assymetric. For instance, a group can be happy with
the current situation and therefore would not be afraid of a complete
deadlock, and so would oppose any proposal.

Do people here think that RFC 4646bis should express a procedure for
reviewing politically charged issues? If so, this is for the LTRU
Working Group to consider proposals.