policy wrt politics (was RE: be-tarask language subtag registration form)

Doug Ewell dewell at adelphia.net
Mon Apr 2 03:44:18 CEST 2007

Peter Constable <petercon at microsoft dot com> wrote:

> We must wait two weeks - that's procedure established in the RFC that 
> created this process in the first place. I have long contended that at 
> the end of two weeks some action must always be taken: approve the 
> request, deny the request or extend discussion for a new two-week 
> period. IMO, extending to a new two-week period should only happen 
> when clear and obtainable progress toward a decision can be achieved. 
> I do not think extensions just so we can carry on discussions is a 
> good idea. If there is specific information that is needed before a 
> decision can be made, then at the end of two weeks the request should, 
> IMO, be denied with an explanation of what is needed.

A big Plus One to that.

Doug Ewell  *  Fullerton, California, USA  *  RFC 4645  *  UTN #14

More information about the Ietf-languages mailing list