be-tarask language subtag registration form

Doug Ewell dewell at adelphia.net
Mon Apr 2 03:43:05 CEST 2007

Michael Everson <everson at evertype dot com> wrote:

> I still prefer tarash or taraskh to tarask. Please express your
> preferences. Do not use "plus-one" notation.

I support adding a subtag for this orthographical variant.  It's been
shown to exist, to be clearly defined, and to have a non-trivial amount
of extant taggable material, and that is what matters.  Any other
considerations of locales, Wiki pages, etc. are outside our domain.

The subtag chosen should be that preferred by the proponents.  I frankly
think we spend too much time worrying about the exact form of the
subtag.  Users are going to have to get used to 'cmn' for Mandarin and
'yue' for Cantonese and 'hsn' for Xiang.; the difference between
'tarask' and 'tarash' and 'tarashk' seems minor in comparison.  I think
once we've established that a subtag should be added, the spelling is
really sort of a clerical detail.

http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/