Suppress-Script candidates (was: Re: frr, fy, ngo, tt)

Doug Ewell dewell at adelphia.net
Wed Sep 27 15:44:40 CEST 2006

Frank Ellermann <nobody at xyzzy dot claranet dot de> wrote:

> Here's a list of 67 differences between LTRU and CLDR 1.4
>
> Lines where LTRU has no script and CLDR more than one are
> most probably sane, but anything else should be checked:

Lines where LTRU has no script and CLDR has one are not something we
need to spend a great amount of time worrying about, unless there is a
genuine concern that people are going to start writing, say,
"ig-Latn-NG" and it won't match with "ig-NG".

The ones where LTRU has one and CLDR has more than one are more
troubling to me, because it indicates we may have added a
Suppress-Script where we shouldn't have:

http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/