Tempest in an Armenian teapot resolved

Frank Ellermann nobody at xyzzy.claranet.de
Tue Sep 26 20:35:05 CEST 2006

<http://www.ietf.org/IESG/APPEALS/?C=M&O=D>
<http://www.iab.org/appeals/> - no crystal ball required.

> To this end I would suggest that those official bodies, who
> will have to expend (far too much) time in dealing with such
> appeals, should perhaps look at the refining the RFC that
> defines the appeals process and introduce similar sanctions
> as per those that are used within English Law for Vexatious
> litigation.

<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-carpenter-ietf-disputes> is
an attempt to extract this stuff from RFC 2026.  Black magic,
RFC 2026 is holy script cast in stone.  Its chapter 6 does what
you propose, I think.  If you review it please send a copy to
the IETF list and/or Brian.

Frank