REQUEST for registration of variant subtag 'grabar'

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Tue Sep 26 03:30:45 CEST 2006

Mark Crispin scripsit:

> On Tue, 26 Sep 2006, Michael Everson wrote:
> >I would like to request that the posting privileges of this
> >participant, who has engaged in an ad-hominem attack on Peter
> >Constable, be suspended irrevocably.
>
> I thought that he was suspended.  Perhaps you got a cc direct to you?

Indeed, although <7.0.1.0.2.20060925233457.03b494f8 at dirsafe.com> has
a To: address of ietf-languages at iana.org, I and evidently some other
people received it direct, presumably through a Bcc: header.

Michael's response in <p0623093ac13e123c5bd1@[192.168.0.71]> had the
effect of posting Jefsey's message in toto to the list.

Unfortunately, since To: addresses need not be correct, there is no
avoiding this by collective action.  The only possible individual action
(which I have already taken) is to consign emails from *jefsey* or *afrac*
to one's personal spam bucket.

--
[W]hen I wrote it I was more than a little              John Cowan
febrile with foodpoisoning from an antique carrot       cowan at ccil.org
that I foolishly ate out of an illjudged faith          http://ccil.org/~cowan
in the benignancy of vegetables.  --And Rosta