Generic variants and Armenian dialects

Misha Wolf Misha.Wolf at reuters.com
Sun Sep 3 11:54:09 CEST 2006

Hi Doug,

The only bit of your message that worries me is the discussion
of "en-1901".  Yes, I know you were commenting on a mail of
John's.

It's one thing to argue that we should use the Armenian word
for East or West to ensure the variants are not used in an
arbitrary manner elsewhere.  It's quite another to assign a
year number to one language only.  What if two languages
underwent spelling reform in 2007?  Would one of them not be
allowed to use "2007"?  This seems wrong to me.

Misha

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Reuters Ltd.