Language picking

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Wed Oct 11 14:41:24 CEST 2006

Alberto Escudero Pascual scripsit:

> When we worked in the locale generator http://www.it46.se/localegen we
> worked with the best resources that were available in that time. The
> task is/was not easy and as far as i know the tool has served for its
> purpose that is too gather some initial data from languages. We put
> together more locales in two weeks that in years of previous work.

Indeed.  I did not mean to be critical of this particular project,
and I grant that having the Big List is much better than nothing.
I was just attempting to explore the design space to see if
something else is better yet.

--
Evolutionary psychology is the theory           John Cowan
that men are nothing but horn-dogs,             http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
and that women only want them for their money.  cowan at ccil.org
        --Susan McCarthy (adapted)