Registering RS and ME

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Wed Oct 4 23:00:53 CEST 2006

Scripsi:

> I understand that it is very likely that ISO 3166/MA will reconsider,
> and perhaps reverse, its assignment of 'RS' to Serbia.  Therefore
> I urge caution:  festina lente.

That was the result of a misunderstanding on my part.  I now think it
very *unlikely* that RS will be changed, and agree that we should move
on with deprecating CS (without Preferred-Value) and registering RS
and ME (and a fortiori putting them into 4645bis).

--
Even a refrigerator can conform to the XML      John Cowan
Infoset, as long as it has a door sticker       cowan at ccil.org
saying "No information items inside".           http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
        --Eve Maler