LANGUAGE SUBTAG REGISTRATION FORM: Polytonic Greek

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Mon Nov 27 19:59:19 CET 2006

Michael Everson scripsit:

> 4. Intended meaning of the subtag :
> To be used for Polytonic Greek orthography.

I suggest that the following text be added to the version sent to IANA:

  This includes both the traditional form with three accents and two
  breathings used on initial vowels and rhos, and reformed versions with
  fewer accents and with or without breathings on vowels or rhos.
  It excludes the monotonic form with one accent and no breathings.

--
John Cowan    cowan at ccil.org    http://ccil.org/~cowan
This great college [Trinity], of this ancient university [Cambridge],