A proposed solution for descriptions (was: Re: ISO 639 - New item approved - N'Ko)

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Tue Jun 20 17:45:04 CEST 2006

Mark Crispin scripsit:

> Is it understood within this group how recent comments on this list
> ("uncooth", "unclean", etc.) about the superiority of U+2019 over U+0027
> would be viewed by the general public, or even by the wider community of
> programmers?

Context is all.  Unligatured ff, fl, and fi look abominable in running
text, but seeing ligatured fixed-width "final" in one Java programming
book made my eyes hurt every time I looked at a code example.

--
How they ever reached any  conclusion at all    <cowan at ccil.org>
is starkly unknowable to the human mind.        http://www.ccil.org/~cowan