Language subtag modification request: frr Suppres-Script Latn

Frank Ellermann nobody at xyzzy.claranet.de
Wed Feb 15 17:35:04 CET 2006

Doug Ewell wrote:

> Frank's request is of a different nature

Formally.  In fact it's supposed to be a "call for action".

> we discuss the proposed change on this list for at least
> two weeks, and then the Reviewer either approves it and
> sends it to IANA, or rejects it with comments.

Yes, and I hope for a decision until the end of February.
So far nobody claimed that 'Latn' for 'frr' is incorrect.

> we need to have the subtag first before we can modify it.

Not my problem (formally).  I pretend to trust that the new
registry works as specified, and from that POV I don't care
if 'frr' is added without the 'Latn' one second before it's
modified to show a Suppress-Script 'Latn'.  Or in the same
second.

Kick the subtag registry into working is the idea.  Or else.

> dozens more Suppress-Scripts need to be added.

E.g. likely the other three Frisian language tags should also
get 'Latn'.  But I picked 'frr' instead of 'fy' intentionally
for the "or else" case.
                           Bye, Frank