Request for variant subtag fr 16th-c 17th-c

CE Whitehead cewcathar at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 15 20:31:45 CET 2006

>It would be nicer if you could pin the varieties down to particular
>authoritative references. I don't know if you can do that or not. But if
>you could, it would be clearer what it was that was being tagged.

I will do what I think best for the time being; the latter is one option.
I'll try first the tags I suggested;
I'm just not sure about pinning everything down to a nice authoritative
reference other than the various texts of the period in question.

Anyway I'm going to try for a tag that is easily remembered for now by
persons who have to deal with several tags (I really still am trying to make
sense of frm and fro; I would never have guessed what they specified if it
were not specified; I realize computer resources are important in deciding
on the tags; but a text tag does not really take up that many resources; I
can tell you that is a long list of tags to parse and at least if the tags
could be easily remembered html coders would not have to repeatedly re-parse
it.)

--C. E. Whitehead
cewcathar at hotmail.com