Request for variant subtag fr 16th-c 17th-c Resubmitted!

CE Whitehead cewcathar at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 14 22:11:14 CET 2006

if you want to specify the same language as Academie Francaise's
>1694 dictionary, I think the subtag "af1694" would be less prone to
>stimulating debate.

That would be very specific; some words are not in it; I am not entirely
happy with it as I think the French I want to specify is more extensive and
much of it predates it.
that is an option; I think that Francois I who came to power in 1494 had
much to do with changes in French in the 16th century and that settling in
America in 1605 and the rise of the subsequent Catholic monarchs affected
17th century French.

--C. E. Whitehead
cewcathar at hotmail.com