Request for variant subtag fr 16th-c 17th-c

CE Whitehead cewcathar at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 14 00:59:53 CET 2006

Hi!

">And to that degree, fr-1500s probably makes as much sense as fr-CA
>in terms
>of defining a reasonably meaningful language-tag, and far more useful than
>the perfectly legal en-Cyrl-AQ."

1500s and 1600s are possible solutions for the name of the tag, better still
than 16thc and 17thc perhaps??? but since 1500s is not a registered subtag
and neither is 1600s, I think I need to register these, or some similarly
named tags

16esiecl
17esiecl?

Which do people like better?