LANGUAGE SUBTAG MODIFICATION - GB

L.Gillam at surrey.ac.uk L.Gillam at surrey.ac.uk
Fri Apr 21 10:45:29 CEST 2006

Resources like Wikipedia, that become commonly used, set the next
precedents for how people do things. People looking for supporting
information from other sources might look here: http://www.loc.gov/marc/languages/lang_a2b.html
or here http://www.itsmarc.com/crs/lang0146.htm#norman_french and
see that the information given in Wikipedia seems to be good.

Not all users, unfortunately, have such easy 24/7 desktop access
to a John Cowan.

> I guess further discussion may be warranted on how best to tag the
> flavors of Norman French used in the Channel Islands.

.... though current ways and best ways may differ. I guess the
question would be how to deprecate use of either fr-GB or roa for
these.