3066ter (Re: Guernsey Jersey and Isle of Man ISO 3166-1 Codes)

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Mon Apr 10 18:24:46 CEST 2006

Harald Alvestrand scripsit:

> the reason I said 639-3 was because you said your example (Gagauz) was
> already in 639-3, so that hurdle is already passed.

Ah.  For a language to be registered in 639-3 it must exist, that's all.
(Well, if it happens to be extinct, the extinction must have happened
after 1949, unless it appears on a select list of important extinct
languages -- I don't know if that list is still being maintained.)

> what's the current 3066bis registerable moral equivalent of "i-gagauz"?
> That's what I was thinking of.

That would be just "gagauz", option 2 on my list of choices.

--
But that, he realized, was a foolish            John Cowan
thought; as no one knew better than he          cowan at ccil.org
that the Wall had no other side.                http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
        --Arthur C. Clarke, "The Wall of Darkness"