Guernsey Jersey and Isle of Man ISO 3166-1 Codes

L.Gillam at surrey.ac.uk L.Gillam at surrey.ac.uk
Mon Apr 3 10:41:22 CEST 2006

fr-JE instead of roa [Romance (Other)] - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J%C3%A8rriais
fr-GG instead .... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dg%C3%A8rn%C3%A9siais

These can now be more precisely tagged from March 2006,
but prior to March 2006? If resources in these languages
were being lumped in under roa, might it also be helpful
to guide people away from using roa towards this increased
precision? Not saying include more/less in the registry,
though others might.

With GB now standing for something slightly different to
what GB stood for previously, what price a comment?
Especially if it can a) be helpful and b) lead to better
information interchange. I wonder, however, how/if current
practise would/could be changed by this.

In both cases, it is the impact on the "system" of the
slight change that deserves consideration.