Guernsey Jersey and Isle of Man ISO 3166-1 Codes

Luc Pardon lucp at skopos.be
Sat Apr 1 11:41:43 CEST 2006

Addison Phillips wrote:

>>Without the "see also" I may not know to "see also" and
>>overlook the others.
>

> My problem with "see also" is that it doesn't convey what the relationship
> is. My general expectation would be that these codes would either synonyms
> for "GB" or would somehow inform my choice.

    It may not tell me what the exact relationship is, but it would at
least tell me to go and find out elsewhere. If I then decided to not add
these codes to the supported subset in my application, it would be by
choice and not by ignorance. Ignorance in these (often sensitive)
matters is DNG (Definitely Not Good (tm)).

    In this particular case, I would in fact be _dropping_ support for
these islands' new (post-split) documents without realizing it. Taking
something away is even more DNG than not giving it.

    Luc Pardon
    Belgium