Registration of el-Latn language tag

Marion Gunn mgunn at egt.ie
Thu Sep 29 11:57:00 CEST 2005

Scríobh Tex Texin:
> Personally, I disagree with your en-GB example. From a linguistic
> standpoint, maybe it is english from the UK....

No maybe about it, Tex - you are right to cast doubt on what would be a
linguistic and geographical impossibility, because 'GB' only means
'Great Britain', which is a different geo/ling entity from "UK" which
means "The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland" (a
matter already dealt with years ago on this and/or related lists).
mg

--

Marion Gunn * EGTeo (Estab.1991)
27 Páirc an Fhéithlinn, Baile an