Registration of el-Latn language tag

Doug Ewell dewell at adelphia.net
Sat Oct 1 06:25:58 CEST 2005

One thing that is worth keeping in mind, when registering new RFC 3066
tags, is that the I-D specifying the initial contents for the RFC
3066bis subtag registry has already passed IETF Last Call.

This initial registry is required to be kept up-to-date, to include all
subtags that correspond to the source (ISO and UN) standards, and
grandfathered and redundant tags that correspond to RFC 3066 registered
tags, as of the date of approval of RFC 3066bis -- which has not
happened yet.  So every new RFC 3066 tag means that the initial-registry
draft must be revised to include it.  Making small technical changes
like this may become increasingly difficult as the document moves along
the path toward Informational RFC.

Therefore, for purely personal reasons, I would prefer that new
registrations of RFC 3066 tags which will be considered "redundant"
under RFC 3066bis be kept to a minimum.

--
Doug Ewell
Fullerton, California