Distinguishing Greek and Greek

Sean M. Burke sburke at cpan.org
Thu Mar 17 07:04:47 CET 2005

At 09:49 AM 2005-03-16, John Cowan wrote:
>The appropriate icon for a language is the name of the language expressed
>in the script of the language:  "English", "Deutsch", etc.  Those who
>cannot read this word have no use for the text it links to.

I emerge from my somnolence only to agree with you, and then to disappear.

(Your point is particularly timely as I have just been dealing with someone
who thinks that to localize a system to X languages, you have to localize
all the system's messages including the language-name choices, so that
there is an X**2 increase.  Because, of course, if you are localizing to
Hopi and Malay, you MUST have the Malay word for Hopi, and the Hopi word
for Malay.)

--
Sean M. Burke    http://search.cpan.org/~sburke/