Status of zh-* proposals

Doug Ewell dewell at adelphia.net
Sat Mar 5 22:01:06 CET 2005

I was wondering about the status of the 10 proposals submitted a month
ago by Mark Davis, for tags of the form zh-{Hans, Hant}-{CN, HK, MO, SG,
TW}.

These proposals were accompanied by six book references, although I
guess there were some questions about the fact that the references were
the same for all 10 proposals.

In any case, it should be possible to demonstrate, using these book
references or otherwise, that (for instance) zh-TW differs from zh-HK,
that both can be and are written in either Hans or Hant, and that there
is a need to tag all four of these situations.

Since the tags were proposed on February 4, I'm pretty sure the two-week
review period has expired, so we should be getting either a thumbs-up or
thumbs-down from Michael on these.  Then if we get a thumbs-down, we can
see what additional research and evidence is necessary.

-Doug Ewell
 Fullerton, California
 http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/