I approve the registration of es-419 (Latin American Spanish)

Doug Ewell dewell at adelphia.net
Wed Jun 22 16:05:34 CEST 2005

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 10:35:55 +0100, Michael Everson <everson at evertype
dot com> wrote:

> Subject: I approve the registration of es-419 (Latin American Spanish)

What is the status of this registration with IANA?  The approval notice
was sent 3 days after Karen Broome's request, but -- as the Reviewer
pointed out -- well over a year after the original discussion of a code
for "Latin American Spanish."  In fact, a check of the ietf-language
archives shows it's been over two years.

There was some discussion on the list about whether the compulsory
2-week discussion period had been fulfilled, but in any event I don't
recall this request having been rescinded or placed on hold.

Can we get a thumbs-up or thumbs-down from IANA on this tag?

--
Doug Ewell
Fullerton, California