IETF language tags list

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Mon Jun 13 18:50:19 CEST 2005

I would like to discourage the discussion of meta-issues and
multi-issues and unrelated ISO standards on this list. This list
exists to discuss specific proposals for specific tags. As an adjunct
we may discuss ISO 639, ISO 3166, and ISO 15924, of course, and
language in general.

Another list was set up to deal with the noise generated by the
revision of the RFC.

For the record, I consider the attack about "layer violation" to be
yet another example of the venom I referred to earlier.