tags for written or spoken content, was Swiss german, spoken

John.Cowan jcowan at reutershealth.com
Sun Jun 12 02:58:20 CEST 2005

Michael Everson scripsit:
> Tex,
>
> Schwyzertüütsch has one or more than one
> orthography, relating to one or more tha one
> dialect.

Or it may have none.  Burushaski lacks an orthography, though it may be
transcribed using IPA or otherwise.  I may read an English text out loud
or transcribe English interlocution, but the varieties of English are
still distinct.

--
John Cowan  jcowan at reutershealth.com  http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
Does anybody want any flotsam? / I've gotsam.