sl-rozaj at ISO and Ethnologue

han.steenwijk at unipd.it han.steenwijk at unipd.it
Mon Jul 18 13:07:42 CEST 2005

=== Doug Ewell wrote: ===

> I don't know whether seven days (or even "Eight Days a Week") is a
> reasonable time in which to expect a response -- I've waited longer than
> that for responses to my bug reports against UN/LOCODE -- but as an
> ietf-languages member, LTRU member, and fellow Beatles fan, my
> suggestion would be to wait until RFC 3066bis is approved and published,
> and then propose your eight sub-dialects as "variant subtags" under that
> document.

I have no problem with waiting a *little* more before continuing on this long
and winding road, let us say to October 2005, and reopening the issue. I just
wanted to make it clear in the mean time that I have made a reasonable attempt
to get an abbreviation registered for sl-rozaj at ISO and Ethnologue and have
waited reasonably long enough for a decision from those quarters, be it positive
or negative.

Prof. Han Steenwijk
Universita di Padova
Dipartimento di Lingue e Letterature Anglo-Germaniche e Slave
Sezione di Slavistica
Via Beldomandi, 1
I-35139 Padova

e-mail: han.steenwijk at unipd.it