IANA registration issues not covered by the "RFC 3066bis" draft

John Cowan jcowan at reutershealth.com
Sat Jan 29 04:21:57 CET 2005

JFC (Jefsey) Morfin scripsit:

> Just something: languages belong to 6.2 billions people what averages to
> a minimum of 62.000 languages as people tend to diversify and one
> commonly accepts that a language cannot survive with less than 100.000
> speakers (but that figure may drastically be reduced with computer
> assistance and in special cases). Also a same person can speak several
> languages. So I would think the real need is for a flexible (intuitive,
> i.e. no reviewer) tagging of a minimum around 150.000 languages, some of
> them with different scripts.

Ah, Jefsey, you missed your calling; you should have been a writer of
comedies.  Such a wholesale return of fantasy on such a small investment
of fact!  I tell you what; we'll register the 6000-7000 actual languages,
you register the 143,000 imaginary ones.

--
One art / There is                      John Cowan <jcowan at reutershealth.com>
No less / No more                       http://www.reutershealth.com