Code Changes (CC) in ISO 15924

JFC (Jefsey) Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Fri Jan 28 01:12:23 CET 2005

At 00:19 28/01/2005, Peter Constable wrote:
> > From: ietf-languages-bounces at alvestrand.no [mailto:ietf-languages-
> > bounces at alvestrand.no] On Behalf Of JFC (Jefsey) Morfin
> > I tried to find documentation on the definition and on the designation
> > process of Language Registrar. Can someone help me finding where they
>are
> > documented?
>
>Read RFC 3066.

I found nothing about Registrar (word does not exist there). I found
nothing about his designation process. The duration of his term. His
duties. The procedure of appeal, etc. A Registrar is a IANA/ICANN function
to manage a Registry, ie with the capacity to register. What is documented
in the RFC 3066 is a "reviewer" with a capacity to not register. That
Reviewer is also not documented, except as designated by the Applications
Area Director what rise many problems since there are two of them.

This function was of low importance as long as registrationswere not
mandatory. It will be a key or even "the" key IANA function, as appeals and
conflicts will most probably rise on language regsitrations with powerful
and decided interest being at stake (cf. .PL/MINC issue), should the Draft
be accepted as a BCP. My question is therefore very important.

jfc