Registry updated

Doug Ewell dewell at adelphia.net
Sat Jan 22 22:34:51 CET 2005

I've updated the proposed Language Subtag Registry (several days ago,
actually) to reflect the following:

* Added language subtag 'jw' (Javanese) as an alias for 'jv', due to its
having been published in error by ISO 639 in the past, and its
consequent potential usage in language tags.

* Added script subtags 'Geok' and 'Nkoo' and changed description of
'Talu', in response to ISO 15924 changes announced earlier this week.

I have to say that so far, I haven't experienced the great difficulty in
staying up-to-date with ISO changes that some predicted.  If Michael
hadn't made his ISO 15924 announcement on the list, I would have found
out anyway from WatchThatPage.  The same goes for recent changes to ISO
639.  (Interestingly, ISO 3166/MA, the "bad boy" of instability, hasn't
made a code-list change in 11 months.)

-Doug Ewell
 Fullerton, California
 http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/