Language X within scope of language Y

Misha Wolf Misha.Wolf at reuters.com
Wed Jan 19 17:53:56 CET 2005

[IETF Languages list copied]

I think that we must not try to redefine the meaning of:

   <foo xml:lang="Y">
      <bar xml:lang="X">

I agree that "en-IT" expresses "English as written/spoken in Italy",
but that wasn't, I think, the problem that Reto was writing about in:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-interest/2005Jan/0125.html

Misha