Use of "CS" for 'Serbia and Montenegro'

Bruce Lilly blilly at erols.com
Sun Jan 9 16:30:48 CET 2005

>  Date: 2005-01-07 14:51
>  From: "Peter Constable" <petercon at microsoft.com>

> Of course, this is an exceptional case; "sr-CS" is of a form that
> doesn't require registration.
>
> What do people think here? Do we need an RFC 3066 registration at this
> time for "sr-CS" (assuming everyone is agreeable with that semantic for
> "CS") that clarifies what this tag means

As you have noted, registration is not necessary. As I have noted
in previous discussion, registration would achieve nothing, since
interpretation per RFC 3066 would remain as a 2-letter language
code followed by a two-letter country code, the latter being the
definition provided by ISO 3166 (i.e. the alleged ambiguity would
remain).