draft-phillips-langtags-08, process, specifications, and extensions

John Cowan jcowan at reutershealth.com
Wed Jan 5 14:47:43 CET 2005

Michael Everson scripsit:

> Please publish the new RFC soon so we can Get On With It.

Unfortunately, the lag time from IESG approval to RFC publication is now
running 8-16 months, as I understand.  However, I also understand that
IESG approval is the critical step to putting the new procedures into
practice, though not as far as changing other standards is concerned.

> Try to get it a number that ends in -66.

Arrgh, numerology.  I *hate* numerology.  :-)

> Your Language Tag Reviewer,

Soon to be Our Language Subtag Reviewer, I trust.

--
Evolutionary psychology is the theory           John Cowan
that men are nothing but horn-dogs,             http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
        --Susan McCarthy (adapted)              jcowan at reutershealth.com