draft-phillips-langtags-08, process, specifications, "stability",   and extensions

Tex Texin tex at xencraft.com
Sat Jan 1 23:16:33 CET 2005

Bruce, I was refering to Harald in his role as list moderator.
I was not suggeesting an end to all discussion, just a particular discussion
which it seemed to me was unproductive and deteriorating.
tex

Bruce Lilly wrote:

> >  Date: 2004-12-30 16:02
> >  From: Tex Texin <tex at xencraft.com>
> >  CC: ietf-languages at alvestrand.no, ietf at ietf.org
> >
> > As the number of question marks, exclamation marks, asterisks and other forms
> > of expressing digital shock and awe increase with each mail, I would like to
> > suggest a temporary cease and desist policy with respect to responding to JFC
> > until the chair chimes in, presumably after the holidays.
>
> What "chair"?; there is no WG associated with the ietf-languages
> list, nor with the individual-effort draft under discussion.
> There is of course an IETF/IESG chair, and he has in the past
> (most recently about six months ago) participated in the ietf-
> languages discussion of a predecessor of the draft under
> discussion, but I see no reason to suggest an end to discussion
> of issues arising out of a NEW Last Call for comments on that
> draft.  I would agree that some of the rhetoric could be toned
> down...

Tex Texin   cell: +1 781 789 1898   mailto:Tex at XenCraft.com

Making e-Business Work Around the World