LANGUAGE TAG REGISTRATION FORM: iu-Cans

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Fri Feb 18 16:20:08 CET 2005

Peter,

I don't understand why you need tags for things that you don't need
to distinguish, and that users don't need to distinguish. That you
want "preemptive tags" for things that someone "might possibly" want
to distinguish "some day" seems to me to be problematic, and seems to
me to be a departure from current practice.

Tex has expressed his misgivings privately in a mail you have seen.
Harald has expressed some misgivings as well.

I would like to hear opinions from more than a few people on this. I
do not detect consensus.