LANGUAGE TAG REGISTRATION FORM: iu-Cans

John Cowan jcowan at reutershealth.com
Fri Feb 4 06:16:16 CET 2005

Peter Constable scripsit:

> Both iu and iu-CA are valid tags. A script qualification needs to be
> made for Cans vs Latn. So, iu-Cans is the Cans qualification for iu, and
> iu-Cans-CA is the Cans qualification for iu-CA.

In the current RFC 3066 regime, I quite understand Michael's reluctance
to register longer codes that aren't provably distinguishable from
shorter codes.  So unless iu is used with more than one script in more
than one country, I don't see the justification for iu-Cans-CA.  In our
hoped-for RFC 3066bis regime, things will of course be otherwise.

--
Work hard,                                      John Cowan
play hard,                                      jcowan at reutershealth.com
die young,                                      http://www.reutershealth.com
rot quickly.                                    http://www.ccil.org/~cowan