Language X within scope of language Y

Jon Hanna jon at hackcraft.net
Wed Feb 2 14:00:53 CET 2005

> See:
>   ISO 3166-2: Codes for the representation of names of countries and
> their
>   subdivisions -- Part 2: Country subdivision code

This contains codes for smaller regions (council areas), but not for
Scotland, England, Wales or Northern Ireland (although they have codes in
the BSI standard that the 3166-2 codes for the council areas come from).

I do have half a notion that the current draft of 3166-2 added codes for the
nations, but don't have it to hand to check.

Regards,
Jon Hanna
Work: <http://www.selkieweb.com/>
Play: <http://www.hackcraft.net/>