Proposed new subtags, when the time comes

John.Cowan jcowan at reutershealth.com
Sat Dec 10 18:18:36 CET 2005

Doug Ewell scripsit:

> Another possible source of confusion in the title might be the word
> LANGUAGE.  What if we are adding a variant?  There is already a Type
> field, so presumably the information that this is a variant would go in
> the Type field, and the record would still say LANGUAGE SUBTAG ADDITION
> to indicate that this record to intended for the Language Subtag
> Registry, not some other repository.  But that would probably look
> really silly.  Is this title text intended to be flexible, or to always
> say LANGUAGE SUBTAG MODIFICATION as shown in Figure 4?

I take "language subtag" to be a generic term here, as in the title "Language
Subtag Reviewer".  The LSR reviews script, country, and variant subtags too.

--
Verbogeny is one of the pleasurettes    John Cowan <jcowan at reutershealth.com>
of a creatific thinkerizer.             http://www.reutershealth.com