Seoladh nua / New address

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Fri Apr 29 19:07:32 CEST 2005

To all my dear friends who want my address "in
English", oh all right, very well, here you are:

The Hill of the Thorn
The Flagstone of the Storm
The City of the Beeves
The County of the Plain of the Yews
Ireland

Having thus satisfied some of you, I can also
note that the formatting of my address is as
follows:

Cnoc na Sceiche
Leac an Anfa
Cathair na Mart
Co. Mhaigh Eo
Éire

or

Cnoc na Sceiche, Leac an Anfa
Cathair na Mart
Co. Mhaigh Eo
Éire

Note that in my original note I had the genitive
plural "Cnoc na Sceach" in the address instead of
the (here) correct "Cnoc na Sceiche". Both occur
in Irish placenames, but it is the latter. "Cnoc
na Sceiche" is a townland. "Lean an Anfa" is a
village. "Cathair na Mart" is our nearby town,
and "Co. Mhaigh Eo" is our county. The house
itself has no designation.

Thank you all for your good wishes. I'll finish packing now.
--
Michael Everson * Everson Typography * www.evertype.com * +353 86 807 9169
Cnoc na Sceiche ** Leac an Anfa ** Cathair na Mart * Co. Mhaigh Eo ** Éire